February 04, 2014
by Simon Hansen
Since I can remember I have wanted
to do TWO things:
1. Go to summer camp 2. Learn to ride horses.
I have been going to camp since I was 10 years old in Ohio and I love so many memories about spending my summers at camp. Mud fights, kayaking, learning how to ride horses, making lanyards, swimming across the lake, making friends, sleeping under the stars next to the horse pastures, learning to play cards on rainy days in my cabin, singing songs. Camp has been and will always be a huge part of my life and Raintree Ranch has an extra special place in my heart. As I think about summer 2014 here are the things I am most excited about!!!!
The Top Ten reasons why I love YMCA Raintree Ranch!!
1. You get to see your best friends in the world for just the week
and it seems like no time has passed at all
2. You get to talk about horses all day every day and no buddy ever gets annoyed or rolls their eyes
3. Smelling like the barn is a good thing
4. Singing“Stars in the Sky”
5. Going to tack up is the start of my day everyday
6. Watching people develop their passion for horses
7. Singing at the top of my lungs during meals
8. Making new friends
9. Spaghetti and brownie night. . . soooo good
10. Getting to spend my summer getting to be the real me and watching everyone else feel the same way about themselves
Can’t wait to see y'all!