"Training tomorrows camp leaders"
CIT - Camper in Training (1 week)
- Open to campers entering 10th or 11th grade
- This 1 week program is for campers looking to begin the leadership process to eventually become volunteer, staff, or learning to work with children
- Riding and camp activities but also practice leadership skills with younger campers
- Only one CIT session per summer. If staying for multiple weeks, CIT session must be your last week.
CA - Camp Assistant (3 weeks)
- For campers entering 12th grade only
- A three-week volunteer commitment to YMCA Raintree Ranch, free of charge
- Campers must fill out a CA application and be selected by the Camp Director. LIT program or equivalent is a prerequisite.
- Although still technically a camper, Camp assistants will gain the skills necessary to co-lead a cabin with a senior staff member.
- They will help to plan activities, and work with wranglers
- Campers accrue Volunteer Service Hours (a verification letter will be provided).
- Applications for summer 2013 here. Contact Laura Pauli with questions, 760-765-0642 ext. 103
LIT - Leader in Training (2 weeks)
- Entering 11th or 12th Grade, and must have minimum 1 week previous experience as Raintree camper.
- Two weeks for the price of one. A reduced rate is offered since LIT's will be assisting campers and staff at horses rather than riding.
- You will assume higher
responsibility and be expected to fill more of a leadership role.
- Focus is working as a leader in the cabin group of younger campers, learning leadership skills and assisting at horse lessons.
- If attending camp also as a regular camper, LIT session must be your last session at camp.
2013 Pegasus dates
CIT (Camper In Training)
1 week Session: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, or 9
(Note: session 3 and 4 are all girls)
LIT (Leader In Training)
2-week Sessions: 3/4 (all girls), 5/6, or 8/9
CA (Camp Assistant)
3-week Sessions 1-3, 4-6, or 7-9.
(see application info on the left)
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
YMCA Overnight Camping | 4761 Pine Hills Rd., Julian, CA 92036 | 760.765.0642 | Corporate Site